Friday, October 14, 2016



Kitties in Space

Source
Starting a new company is so much fun, and exciting, and fulfilling, and scary, and nerve wreaking, and so overwhelming, and great, I said great right?? When I decided to finally make the jump and open The Kitty Kat Animal Sanctuary, it was truly the best decision I had ever made (Second, just in case the hubby reads this.) but, I knew I needed more than fun music, great supplies and a love for animals to make The Kitty Kat a success. That is when I started to do tons of research on how to run a business. After numerous classes,webinars, lectures, mentors, tons of reading and a few quick prayers, I opened The Kitty Kat and not to toot my own horn, but so far so good! 

I would like to tell you guys about an amazing women I met on my journey to open The Kitty Kat. Her name is Laurie Boettcher and she is a social media guru, I believe her official title is social media educator and professional speaker, but I like guru. Laurie was speaking at a workshop for small business owners that I was lucky enough to snag a ticket to, I had so many questions that she generously spent her lunch time with me, so she could answer every single one I had. She has been my social media mentor from that day forward. Thanks to Laurie, the kitties and I are now on every media outlet possible and have been able to meet people and business, which would have never been possible before if we would have just been a small brick and mortar rescue. 

I check Laurie's blog weekly, it has the best new information on how to navigate through the internet and all social media outlets, and what you can do to make your business's social media presence the best it can be. This is the link to Laurie's blog.  http://laurieboettcher.blogspot.com/  If you are wondering how to take your business to the next level, sit down and read her blog post, it will change everything, I promise.

2 comments:

  1. Yay me! You are a fantastic blogger Katie. You have the ability to personally connect through your words, engaging the readers to make that want to continue reading. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay me! You are a fantastic blogger Katie. You have the ability to personally connect through your words, engaging the readers to make that want to continue reading. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete